Arizona Awnings’ retractable fabric awnings are designed to create a natural extension to your outdoor living areas. Not only do they add beauty, reduce energy costs and protect you and your property from the harmful elements, they also turn your deck or patio into a more comfortable living space while adding value to your home as well.
Arizona Awnings’ retractable awnings expand the interior boundaries of your home, combining indoor comfort with the beauty of outdoor living. Durasol awnings are available in a wide range of fabric patterns and options that all help to expand your home’s personality and charm.
Our retractable awnings provide a high level of UV protection, allowing everyone to stay outdoors longer without concern of the harmful effects of the sun. As an added benefit, your retractable awning will also prevent fading of carpet and furniture. You’ll enjoy worry-free outdoor living and experience elegant, on-demand solar protection with easy, push-button or hand crank convenience.
Our retractable awnings effectively filter the sun’s light, creating a cool and relaxed environment. Solar heat gain is greatly reduced by limiting the amount of direct and indirect sunlight that enters a window or door. The use of fabric awnings will reduce solar heat gain by up to 77 percent and lower indoor temperatures by 10-15 degrees.
Our Retractable Awning Features
- Optional one-piece powder coated aluminum hood.
- Vacuum injection, cast formed arm components that are five times stronger and 40 percent more flexible than those used in typical retractable awnings.
- Frame castings that pass rigorous ASTM testing and are made from grade 18-8 or better stainless steel, ensuring years of trouble-free operation.
- We use only 133 strand double aircraft-grade stainless steel cable or interlocking, no grease chain – both tested to 10,000 pounds – to achieve 30% greater tension and 200% more strength than our competitors.
- 78 to 85 mm premium grade galvanized roller tube with a 1.5 mm wall thickness to support spans up to 20' without center support.
- 40 mm square torsion bar made from 6061 T-6 aluminum along with the same grade mounting brackets – all powder coated – ensuring dependable operation in any weather conditions.
- Large dimension front bar made with internal ribs and multi-chambers to greatly increase rigidity and eliminate sagging and bowing while keeping the fabric taught.
- Motors and electronics or crank operation. We have a variety of remote control or wired solutions, along with sun/wind sensors to make operation as simple as a touch of a button.
- More than 200 fabric options available. We heat seal all the fabric tops so there is no opportunity for thread rot or degradation from the sun. We use Sunbrella fabrics that carry a 10-year warranty, which is also the same as the retractable unit itself.